March 1, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 9:00 am on Tuesday, repeating until April 5, 2022
Vigo County Solid Waste Management District is proud to offer free document shredding. This service is for Vigo County residents only.
Free document shredding is available every Tuesday beginning from 9am-3pm
- Documents from businesses are not accepted.
- Residents can bring up to four (2) medium sized boxes.
- Residents must wear masks when engaging with event staff.
- Residents must remain in their vehicles.
- Residents should open trunks or car doors from within the vehicle to allow staff access to their documents.
- Event staff will remove boxes from cars and trucks and empty paper into rolling carts.
- Boxes, bags, or bins will be returned to residents for reuse, recycling, or disposal.
- All documents are cross-cut shred on-site, by the end of each day.
- All shredded paper is delivered to a local recycling facility for processing and recycling.
- Written certification of shredding will not be provided.
- Business documents
- Binders of any kind (3-ring, plastic, spiral, metal)
- Plastic document covers
- Wet, damp, or moldy paper
- Hanging file folders with metal support bars
- Metal binder clips
- Electronic media including computer disks, diskettes, or CDs
- Books, either hardback or paperback
- Credit cards
- Magazines, catalogs, and newspapers
- Film or photographs
Vigo County Solid Waste District will not shred documents for businesses – even if documents are delivered by an employee who is a county resident. These events are only for residents to destroy sensitive material they have from their home. If you require written certification of document destruction, it is recommended that you contract directly with a shredding service provider.
For additional information, please contact us at 812-231-4451.